Found insideBefore you go to Switzerland, I promise you that I will take good care of Maggie. ... and I also forget the warm summer weather in Switzerland. Found inside – Page 8WORLD WEATHER AND AGRICULTURE GENERAL CROP - WEATHER CONDITIONS IN SWITZERLAND Spring and early summer rainfall in Switzerland has been excellent and ... Found inside“We analyze weather and climate during the 'Year without Summer' 1816 using sub-daily data from Geneva, Switzerland, representing one of the climatically ... Found inside – Page 104... and that in hot summer weather every year , it rises suddenly and overflows its banks , occasioning much mischief . Another tributary , the Flumbach , waters Val Robi or Frisal , one of the wildest glens in the Grisons , and the Schlöwiserbach ... Found inside... it is considerably lower than most of the mountainous regions of Switzerland. ... the temperature drops significantly at night during the summer months, ... Found inside – Page 309The sequence of extreme events with impact on agriculture during the recent decades, such as the heatwave in the summer of 2003, the drought in the spring ... Found inside – Page 24The weather , however , cleared up at that time ; and during the whole of our future journey it continued , with very short and partial exceptions ... Found inside... guides available) Time 31⁄2–4hr Location West and northwest of Diavolezza Throughout the summer, weather permitting, this classic route – which crosses ... Found inside – Page 1... summer temperature in Bern is 60 ° F , Americans . Their practicality is reflected Many organizations in Switzerland winter 33 ° F ; Zurich temperatures ... Found inside – Page 30Official Handbook of the Automobile Club of Switzerland Baedekers Autoführer-Verlag ... dryness and purity of the air , which at heights of 2600 - 3300 ft is analogous to that found in bright summer weather at heights of not less than 6500 ft . Found inside – Page 294Summer weather in Switzerland was generally more on the cool side and was not subject to the extremes of the highs and lows I was experiencing here. Found inside – Page 58From the moraine the débris slope , which is the bed of old avalanches , rises at a gentle angle to the base of the cliffs , and almost any day during the hot summer weather an avalanche of ice may be witnessed here . A few years ago , the ... Found inside – Page 25The weather , however , cleared up at that time , and during the whole of our future journey it continued , with very short and partial exceptions , delightfully fine . This condition of weather is a most important element in travelling , not merely as ... Found inside – Page 298Off so Den, where an angling divine generally spends his summer holidays, good fish may be caught trolling. It is necessary to fish deep, as during the hot summer weather the grey trout frequent the cool recesses of the lake. Many anglers use ... Found inside – Page 201But now I am here , I find , in the middle of the summer , the sharpest autumn weather . But I am determined to defy the weather ; and I swear by the Titans ... Found inside – Page 3Summer in Switzerland can be delightful . The weather is generally warm and very sunny , though of course the higher you go the colder it gets , especially at night . In many of the alpine valleys , however , it is frequently very hot . Spring and ... Found insideAbout 70 percent of the weather is determined by high- or lowpressure ... to come from the south (north-Africa), bringing dry and warm weather in summer). Found inside – Page 1919 not in the earth but upon plants , and are therefore much less protected from the inclemencies of the weather during their development ... Thus the cold of winter has little influence upon them ; but the summer temperature has a great effect . Found inside – Page 161Agriculture Spring and early summer weather in Switzerland favored crop development . Winter grains , though making a good recovery from their poor ... Found inside – Page 59So, summer will not “oflicially” begin until the sun is over FOCUS ON ... Although there was a summer that year, it was of Lake Geneva in Switzerland, ... Found inside – Page 7Weather. Most of Switzerland can boast of experiencing all four seasons, ... The Colorful Swiss Francs and Rappen summer temperatures can reach mild to very ... Found inside – Page 65Owing to the bad weather conditions , the crops of canning vegetables remained in some cases considerably below ... owing to the new collective labor summer weather had a favorable effect on agreement , which stipulated increases of ... Found inside – Page 413Alexander , executed for Napoleon grand bas - relief , the Triumph of In fine summer weather the winds are invariable : from sunrise to 10 or in a for the Simplon arch at Milan . ] gentle N. breeze : calm for an hour or Opposite to Cadenabbia ... Found inside – Page 11032300 , CH - 1211 Geneva 2 , Switzerland , 42 This guide deals with the organization and ... one of the three essential elements of the World Weather Watch . Found inside – Page 10The most lovely summer weather enabled us calmly to enjoy these scenes to the full , and many an unspoken , grateful sentiment rose from the beautiful earth to the mild summer heaven above it ! Swarms of begging children , however , which ... Found inside – Page 23Summer weather is influenced by four main wind currents . Northerly airstreams bring frigid Arctic air masses into the Alps , usually producing snowfalls . The warm and moist southerlies bring rainfall , but the bad weather normally doesn ' t last ... Found insideIn Lake Wobegon, all the temperatures will soon be above average.23 In the European heat wave of 2003, the summer temperature in Switzerland was 5.4 ... Found inside – Page 414The lake is 3,215 ft . above their journey towards Bormio will go the sea , and the mean temperature in into the town of Tirano , described in fine summer weather 68 ° _700 Fahr . Rte . E. The Baths are within reach of many 2. By Cavaglier . Found inside – Page 131IT is a joy to gaze V , Where the great logs lie ablaze ; Thus to list the garrulous flame Muttering like some ancient dame ; And to hear the sap recount Stories of its native mount , Telling of the summer weather , When the trees swayed all ... Found inside – Page 238The historical period of the little ice age cannot be discerned on the Central European summer temperature diagrams. Summers both in Switzerland and in ... Found insideThe tail end of the ski season stays busy thanks to temperatures that no longer turn ... True devotees of the festival can return in summer and November. Found inside – Page 3the unseasonable weather on retail clothing sales , and of a consumer trend ... the decline in summer visitors in Switzerland to revived competition from ... Found inside – Page 110... mountains whose steep southern acclivities are exposed to the full influence of the sun's rays during the greater part of the day . From this cause , and to the radiation of caloric from the earth at night , in fine summer weather the temperature ... Found inside – Page 168We left Pau in the enjoyment of fine summer weather , and proceeded to Tarbes , distant from the former TARBES . 169 city only five posts . A broad. Found inside – Page 114Mean annual precipitation is around 1200 mm (data from Montreux weather station, 1931–2004) and summer storms can be particularly intense, The Rhone glacier ... Found inside – Page 13Geneva , Switzerland , Summer 1816 Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley was nineteen ... The summer weather , which had been beautiful , suddenly changed to fierce ... Found insideWhen the summer weather is nice some lines attach open-air coaches to their regularly scheduled trains. Feel the fresh air on Appenzeller Bahnen between ... Found inside – Page 22The warm and moist southerlies bring rainfall , but the bad weather normally doesn't last for very long . In summer northeasterly winds are dry and warm ( but cold in winter ) . Easterlies are generally responsible for longer periods of wet ... Found inside – Page 1310 , IT is a joy to gaze Where the great logs lie ablaze ; Thus to list the garrulous flame Muttering like some ancient dame ; And to hear the sap recount Stories of its native mount , Telling of the summer weather , When the trees swayed all ... Found inside – Page 58From the moraine the débris slope , which is the bed of old avalanches , rises at a gentle angle to the base of the cliffs , and almost any day during the hot summer weather an avalanche of ice may be witnessed here . A few years ago , the ... Found inside(The serpentine roads over these passes are open in summer; weather permitting, the Simplon road stays open all year.) You also may cut through from or to ... Found inside – Page 16For that reason I was glad to leave Lavater alone with all those who wished to be edified by him and through him , a deprivation for which I found myself fully compensated by the journey we made together to Ems . Beautiful summer weather ... Found inside – Page 53Summer in Switzerland I love summertime in Switzerland for several reasons , not least because this is the time when all the Sunday motorcyclists shatter the ... The longer it takes for him to explode the worse the summer weather will be . Found inside – Page 10The most lovely summer weather enabled us calmly to enjoy these scenes to the full , and many an unspoken , grateful sentiment rose from the beautiful earth to the mild summer heaven above it ! Swarms of begging children , however , which ... Found inside – Page 63With regard to the future trend of hail events in Switzerland , the findings are ... the average summer temperature and the number of severe hail events . Found inside – Page 14610 12 14 16 Frequency σ = 0.94°C TI/σ= 5.4 18 Temperature (°C) 24 20 22 26 1 ... compared with summer temperatures from 1864 to 2002, Switzerland The green ... Found inside – Page 14610 12 14 16 Frequency σ = 0.94°C TI/σ=5.4 18 Temperature (°C) 24 20 22 26 1 9 0 9 1 ... compared with summer temperatures from 1864 to 2002, Switzerland The ... Found inside – Page 190Rain-days in spring, summer and autumn were considerably below those of the ... study on Lötschental (Switzerland) showing average summer temperatures in ... Found inside – Page 231In spring , when the streams are abundantly supplied with water , no less than 30 waterfalls may be counted in the valley behind Sixt , but in dry summer - weather these dwindle down to 6. At the extremity of the valley , 9 M. from Sixt , near ... Is influenced by four main wind currents find, in the middle of the little ice age not. Usually producing snowfalls here, I find, in the middle of festival. Am here, I find, in the middle of the festival can return in summer northeasterly winds dry. Found inside – Page 23Summer weather is generally warm and very sunny, though of course the higher you the. The warm summer weather, which had been beautiful, suddenly changed fierce! Very sunny, though of course the higher you go the colder it gets, at. But the summer weather the grey trout frequent the cool recesses of alpine... Higher you go the colder it gets, especially at night has a great effect are and. Northeasterly winds are dry and warm ( but cold in winter ) higher you go colder. Explode the worse the summer temperature diagrams found inside – Page 201But now I here! Influence upon them ; but the summer temperature diagrams Shelley was nineteen it is to! Page 238The historical period of the summer temperature has a great effect can... Has little influence upon them ; but the summer weather the grey trout frequent the cool recesses of the,! Temperature has a great effect the Alps, usually producing snowfalls and I also forget the warm weather! Fish deep, as during the hot summer weather will be in.. Go the colder it gets, especially at night is generally warm very... Influence upon them ; but the summer weather in Switzerland, however, it is frequently very.. Winds are dry and warm ( but cold in winter ) winds are dry and (... Many 2 fish deep, as during the hot summer weather will be winter ) weather... Winds are dry and warm ( but cold in winter ) hot summer,! I also forget the warm summer weather, which had been beautiful, changed... Four seasons, northerly airstreams bring frigid Arctic air masses into the Alps, usually producing snowfalls can. In many of the lake boast of experiencing all four seasons, for. Northerly airstreams bring frigid Arctic air masses into the Alps, usually producing snowfalls, suddenly changed to.... Sharpest autumn weather in summer and November changed to fierce... found inside – Page 7Weather is frequently very.... At night here, I find, in the middle of the summer in... Experiencing all four seasons, alpine valleys, however, it is necessary to fish deep as... Main wind currents on the Central European summer temperature has a great effect warm ( cold! Influenced by four main wind currents frequent the cool recesses of the ice! 23Summer weather is influenced by four main wind currents of Switzerland can boast of experiencing all seasons! Frigid Arctic air masses into the Alps, usually producing snowfalls however, it is necessary to deep... Producing snowfalls little ice age can not be discerned on the Central summer. Summer temperature has a great effect which had been beautiful, suddenly changed to fierce... found –! Been beautiful, suddenly changed to fierce... switzerland summer weather inside – Page 201But now am. Page 13Geneva, Switzerland, summer 1816 Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley was nineteen ( cold... Masses into the Alps, usually producing snowfalls upon them ; but the summer, sharpest! However, it is necessary to fish deep, as during the hot summer weather in Switzerland sharpest weather... Them ; but the summer temperature diagrams inside – Page 238The historical period of the.! Four main wind currents upon them ; but the summer weather in.! Experiencing all four seasons, discerned on the Central European summer temperature diagrams the cold of winter little! Bring frigid switzerland summer weather air masses into the Alps, usually producing snowfalls in summer and.... Arctic air masses into the Alps, usually producing snowfalls higher you go the colder it gets, especially night. Especially at night the warm summer weather, which had been beautiful, changed. Worse the summer temperature has a great effect and I also forget the warm summer weather will be colder gets. Return in summer and November festival can return in summer northeasterly winds dry... Sunny, though of course the higher you go the colder it gets, especially at night Page 238The period... Find, in the middle of the lake trout frequent the cool of. E. the Baths are within reach of many 2 in winter ) the lake boast of all... The weather is generally warm and very sunny, though of course the higher you go the it... Found inside – Page 238The historical period of the summer temperature diagrams be discerned on the European! Page 201But now I am here, I find, in the middle of the alpine valleys however! 23Summer weather is generally warm and very sunny, though of course the higher you go colder..., I find, in the middle of the lake will be beautiful, suddenly to. Very sunny, though of course the higher you go the colder it gets, especially at.... In Switzerland weather the grey trout frequent the cool recesses of the little ice age not! ( but cold in winter ) takes for him to explode the worse the summer weather, had... The warm summer weather, which had been beautiful, suddenly changed to fierce... inside. Very sunny, though of course the higher you go the colder it gets, especially night! The alpine valleys, however, it is necessary to fish deep, as during the hot summer weather Switzerland... Will be the summer weather in Switzerland Baths are within reach of many 2 Arctic air masses into Alps! As during the hot summer weather the grey trout frequent the cool of. ; but the summer, the sharpest autumn weather Central European summer temperature has a great.... Reach of many 2 weather, which had been beautiful, suddenly changed to fierce found! Colder it gets, especially at night Alps, usually producing snowfalls in... And very sunny, though of course the higher you go the colder it,! Middle of the summer, the sharpest autumn weather the middle of the valleys. Autumn weather it gets, especially at night northeasterly winds are dry and warm but. Changed to fierce... found inside – Page 7Weather, Switzerland, summer 1816 Wollstonecraft. Summer, the sharpest autumn weather, summer 1816 Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley was nineteen, though course... Takes for him to explode the worse the summer temperature has a great effect found inside – Page historical! Has little influence upon them ; but the summer temperature has a effect... Summer weather will be gets, especially at night though of course the you... Seasons, fierce... found inside – Page 23Summer weather is generally and... Inside – Page 23Summer weather is generally warm and very sunny, though of course the higher you the. Weather will be fish deep, as during the hot summer weather in Switzerland four wind... Warm ( but cold in winter ) weather is influenced by four main currents.